Oklahoma Job Opportunities
The following are law enforcement job opportunities in the State of Oklahoma:
Woodward County Sheriffs' Office
Position: Full-time Deputy
Certified applicants are preferred. Applicants must meet the basic requirements as listed below:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED and be able to achieve a passing score on the POSSE exam
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Possess good moral character and be able to achieve a passing evaluation on the MMPI exam
- Have not been convicted of any felony or any misdemeanor (with the exception of minor traffic infractions) within the last 5 years; must not have been convicted of any crime of domestic violence or moral turpitude
- All applicants must undergo an extensive background check & drug test; a physical assessment test will be administered for all non-certified applicants
Applications may be obtained at the
Woodward County Sheriff's Office
1600 Main Street, Suite 1
Woodward, OK 73801
580-256-3264 Or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfalfa County Sheriff's Office
Position: Deputy Sheriff
Requirements: CLEET Preferred. Must pass background check. Must be 21 years of age or older. High School Diploma. Must be willing to relocate within the county.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life, beginning the 1st day of the month following hire date. 80 hours vacation leave after one year of service. 8 hours sick leave earned per month. 8 hours holiday earned if on call for that holiday.
Application may be requested by calling: 580-596-3424
Payne County Sheriff's Office
Position: Full-time Patrol Deputy
Salary: Competitive/based upon experience
Requirements: Be a citizen of the United States; Be at least 21 years of age; Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.; Possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license; Must be able to achieve a passing score on the POSSE exam; Must pass an background investigation and MMPI evaluation; Must pass physical agility test; Must be available to work any shift (nights, weekends, and holidays); No domestic violence convictions; No convictions for crimes of moral turpitude; No Felony convictions.
Benefits: Health, dental and vision insurance. Take-home patrol vehicle program, longevity pay and Oklahoma Public Employee Retirement System.
Application may be obtained at the Payne County Sheriff's Office, 606 South Husband, Room 106, Stillwater, OK 74074 or at the following link: http://www.paynecounty.org/sheriff/docs/Application.pdf.
For more information, contact Cpt. Chris Nixon at 405-533-6856.
Muskogee County Sheriff's Office
Position: Detention Officer
Closing Date: Open until filled
- Supervise, escort, and feed inmates.
- Booking and fingerprinting inmates.
- Monitoring cameras, opening doors, logging paperwork.
- Perform other job duties as required.
Must be able to:
- Work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Report for duty on short notice. Shifts have to be covered 24/7.
- Work independently, make quick decisions, multi-task and exercise good judgment determining the appropriate course of action under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, dependability, self-motivation, and enthusiasm.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Work with minimal supervision once trained.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Must provide a copy of the following with application:
- Driver’s license / State issued ID
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Copy of any certifications or degree(s)
The interview process will consist of a panel interview, background check, and candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Benefits: Vacation leave, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance and retirement (provided). Vision, dental and additional life insurance is optional (employee cost).
Applications can be picked up at the Muskogee County Jail between 8 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday.