- This event has passed.
Sheriff’s NEW Administrative Assistant Academy
August 22 @ 8:00 am - August 25 @ 5:00 pmFree
This four-day (4) course has been created by Sheriff’s Administrative Assistants (AA) across the State to assist in the acclimation of new AAs upon entry into their position. Topics developed and discussed furnish fundamental knowledge in multiple areas such as open records, purchasing procedures, at-will employment, audits, etc. In addition, this course provides AAs the opportunity to network and ask questions, locating solutions to immediate problems they may be facing. Upon completion, AAs receive certificate of completion along with reference materials for deeper inquiries into covered topics.
August 22, 2023
- Overview of County government
- Supervisory Skills
- Credit Card Usage
- General Record Retention
August 23, 2023
- Inventory Tracking & Disposal
- General Duties of e Sheriff
- Finance & Fees
- Sources of Revenue & Budget Process
- Process, Writ, Warrants, Other Service, & Tax Warrants
August 24, 2023
- Hiring Laws & Contracts for Sheriff’s Offices
- Children, Juvenile, & Mental Health Laws
- On Duty (Employee) Death Response
- Sex & Violent Offender Registration
August 25, 2023
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Temporary Motorist Liability Program (TMLP)
Please remember to bring the following materials:
☐ Digital or Physical Copy of Governing Policies and Procedures for the Administrative Assistant
Certificates will be supplied upon completion.
Date: August 22-25, 2023 (Begins at 0800hrs)
CLEET CE: 32 Hours
Location: 1615 South State St.
XxxxxxxxEdmond, OK 73013
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the OSA Training Director Kyle Keller at