- This event has passed.
AWR 232: Mass Fatalities Planning & Response for Rural Communities
March 28 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
THE OKLAHOMA SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION PRESENTS
MASS FATALITIES PLANNING & RESPONSE FOR RURAL COMMUNITIES
This 8-hour, DHS/FEMA-certified course is designed to teach participants the basics of mass fatality response while providing opportunities to exchange rural perceptions and brainstorm solutions to simulated emergencies.
Included Topics Covered:
• Define mass fatality and possible scenarios
• Identify methods of obtaining Federal resources.
• Identify issues to be considered in mass fatality response planning.
• Explain the importance of mass fatality response planning.
• Identify potential resources that should be included in a response plan.
Who Should Attend:
• All First Responders • Coroner/Medical Examiners
• Public Health Officials • Emergency Management Personnel
• Community Stakeholders
• Citizen/Community Volunteers
• Funeral Service Providers
• Hospital Staff
LOCATION: OSA Training Facility
1615 South State St.
Edmond, OK 73013
DATE: March 28, 2023
This course is FREE to attended. Click here for more information and enrollment instructions.
For any questions, feel free to contact the OSA Training Director, Kyle Keller at