- This event has passed.
AWR 209: Working with The Media: A Course for Rural First Responders
May 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
THE OKLAHOMA SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION PRESENTS
WORKING WITH THE MEDIA: A COURSE FOR RURAL FIRST RESPONDERS
This 8-hour, DHS/FEMA-certified course is designed to provide rural first responders with the skills and knowledge to quickly adopt the role of public information officer (PIO) if/when needed and to communicate with the public through the media.
Topics include (but not limited to):
• Utilizing the media in emergency and public awareness situations
• Working with the media at the scene of an emergency
• Anticipating what news agencies want from the responders
at the scene of an emergency
• Giving interviews that work
• Writing effective news releases that will be read
Who Should Attend:
• Emergency Management
• Emergency Medical Services
• Fire Service
• Governmental Administrative
• Law Enforcement (detention included)
• Public Health
LOCATION: OSA Training Facility
1615 South State St.
Edmond, OK 73013
DATE: May 10, 2023
This course is FREE to attended. Click here for more information and enrollment instructions.
For any questions, feel free to contact the OSA Training Director, Kyle Keller at