- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
- Must be able to achieve a passing score on the POSSE exam
- Must pass a background investigation, MMPI evaluation, Drug Screening, and Polygraph
- Must pass physical agility test
- Must be available to work any shift (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- No domestic violence convictions
- No convictions for crimes of moral turpitude
- No Felony convictions
Available benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Take-home patrol vehicle program (for Field Deputy), longevity pay and Oklahoma Public Employee Retirement System. Starting salary is competitive and based upon experience.
Instruction for applying, with forms required are available online by following the link below:
Or by visiting our office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. located at:
Payne County Sheriff’s Office
606 South Husband, Room 106
Stillwater, OK 74074
All forms are to by fully completed, signed and returned to the sheriff’s office before an application will be considered. The forms must be delivered in person or by mail to 606 South Husband Rm. 106, Stillwater OK 74074.
Candidates whose qualification best meet the needs of the County will be considered. Payne County is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information contact Lt. Paul Fox (405) 533-6861