The Grady County Sheriff’s Office is Seeking Applicants for the Position of School Resource Deputy
Position: Deputy Sheriff
Starting salary: $4,175.56 Monthly, CLEET Certified
The Grady County Sheriff’s Office is looking for outstanding individuals to be dedicated and motivated. The ideal candidate is a person who is committed to public service and making a positive impact on the community and schools.
Applicants must successfully complete the following steps in the hiring process before being hired as a Grady County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Deputy:
- Applications can be picked up at 302 N. 3rd Street in Chickasha or you can contact our office and we can email you an application.
- Application Review
- Screening Assessment
- Background Investigation
- CLEET certified preferred
Major Responsibility and Activities
School Resource Deputy is a sworn position in which you are responsible for safety and crime prevention in schools. Deputies work closely with administrators in an effort to create a safer
environment for both students and staff. The responsibilities of School Resource Deputies are similar to regular Deputy Sheriff’s in that they have the ability to make arrests, respond to calls for service, and document incidents. School Resource Deputies typically have additional duties, including mentoring and conducting presentations on youth-related issues.
School Deputy work is not for every law enforcement officer. Deputies considered for the position have a strong desire to develop positive relationships with youth on a daily basis.
During the summer, SROs are utilized in other areas of the Grady County Sheriff’s Office such as patrol.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver license
- Must pass a background investigation
- Must be able to use computer, email, and radio
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to handle stress effectively without it interfering with performance
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Must handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality
- No felony convictions
- No conviction for domestic assault
- No conviction for a crime of moral turpitude
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or meet eligibly requirements for working in the U.S.
- Good moral character
Pay and Benefits
- Starting salary – $4,175.56 monthly, CLEET CERTIFIED
- 100% paid employee health care
- Dental, vision, and life insurance plans available
- 20-year retirement plan available
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday leave
Grady County Sheriff’s Office
302 N. 3rd Street
Chickasha, Ok. 73018