Crime Scene Considerations, Death Investigations/DNA Collection and Concerns for Victim Services – CANCELLED
April 14 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
This is a three part training event presented by the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations Special Agent Ryan Woolley and Criminalist Rhonda Williams and will consist of the following:
Crime Scene Considerations for First Responders – 4 hours
- At the conclusion of this presentation, the audience will have a practical understanding of how their initial
response to an incident can have lasting, and sometimes irreversible, implications on the investigation that follows.
Furthermore, they will be equipped with the best practices for achieving scene security, initial documentation, and
efficient coordination of resources while having a minimal negative effect on scene integrity and while maintaining
sound officer safety principles. Attendees will also be made aware of the events that will occur after investigators
arrive to the scene.
Death Investigations – Crime Scene – DNA Collection – 2 hours
- How to determine when a trace collection is needed.
- Learn the best locations to collect foreign DNA from decedents.
- Be able to select the best techniques for collection and the best method for packaging/preservation.
Crime Scene Concerns for Victim Services – 2 hours/MH
- Crime Scene Reactions are consistently volatile when relating to surviving family members of victims of crime.
- This course plans to discuss areas that are mutually beneficial to the family and the legal process.
- Consideration discussed: are there areas away from the scene that could serve as a point of contact for the family
- While ensuring that they are not a witness to the after math.
- Different aspects of crime scene cleanup and how the property will be secured by Law Enforcement will be addressed.