- This event has passed.
Basic Detention Officer Academy Train the Trainer
March 14, 2022 @ 8:00 am - March 16, 2022 @ 5:00 pmFree
OKLAHOMA SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION
Undersheriff Matt Haley – Seminole County
Location: Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association Training Facility
This three day course provides trainers with the skills necessary to instruct detention academies in compliance with requirements set forth by Oklahoma Health Department standards 310:670-5-10. While learning basic requirements, attendees will have the chance to build relationships with other Oklahoma detention centers and develop ideas and concepts for curriculum matching their environment, staffing, and particular needs.
Topics covered during training:
- Security procedures;
- Supervision of inmates;
- Report writing and documentation;
- Inmate rules and regulations;
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Rights and responsibilities of inmates;
- Emergency procedures;
- Jail Standards Requirements.
FIRST AID & CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION is not covered in this training and will be the responsibility of the detention center to certify employees in.
∗ Recommended (not required) supplies:
- Laptop computer or comparable device with Office Suite
- Governing Policies and Procedures
- Note pad & pen